We obtain personal information to:
- Assist the order process. We require personal information to accompany the receipt of purchase. Personal information is stored in Italian Wine Importers database for the purpose of recording the purchase and delivery. It is also used to inform customers of future offers and news.
- Personal information of the customer will be retained securely on our database so we can continue to provide you with wine related information.
- If your contact details are inaccurate or need updating, all you need to do is contact Italian Wine Importers so appropriate action can be taken. You can notify Italian Wine Importers by email email@example.com or call 0412008929.
- If you would like to be removed from the database all you need to do is press on the unsubscribe button on the contact us page.
Collection of Personal Information
In accordance with National Privacy Principles, personal information will only be collected by Italian Wine Importers if:
- It is part of the function of taking an order.
- It is collected in accordance with the law, by fair means and is not unreasonably intrusive.
- It is collected from the individual to whom the information relates (where information is obtained about an individual from someone else, reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that the individual is made aware of this).
Italian Wine Importers does not, unless required by law, disclose personal information it has collected to other organisations.
If requested information is not provided, Italian Wine Importers may be unable to complete a transaction or provide a requested service.
Spam Act 2003 Compliance
The Spam Act 2003 came into effect on 10 April 2004, throughout Australia. The Act refers to spam as unsolicited commercial electronic messaging.
The act requires we get your explicit permission to send you our email specials and promotions. If you no longer wish to receive communication from us, please contact us by email, phone, mail or the unsubscribe button.
- We only send messages with the addressee’s consent - either express of inferred.
- We include clear and accurate information about the person or business that is responsible for sending the message.
- We have a facility for you to unsubscribe in all our messages and we deal with an unsubscribe request promptly.
The Italian Wine Importers database is managed in accordance with Privacy Act 1988 and the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000 and our email marketing practices comply with the provisions of the Spam Act 2003.
Italian Wine Importers use secure servers to protect your information. All credit card payments are protected by secure source and independent card payment providers. Access to our database is restricted to staff of Italian Wine Importers only.
While all care is taken to protect your details, it is your responsibility to ensure your personal details are not disclosed to any third party.